MACAAL , in partnership with A Million Dots, launch the first program to source and strengthen cultural agents from the contemporary art world in Africa.
MACAAL Bootcamp is an intensive 4-day session to assess and challenge oneself and get empowered by professionals and mentors. Each bootcamp participant will be able to think of themselves as part of a professional ecosystem and find their strengths and needs through a series of workshops and masterclasses on core skills.
The Bootcamp will create a “class spirit“among its 20 participants thanks to a hybrid format made of training,knowledge building, practical workshops on cultural leadership and management.
At the end of the bootcamp, participants will have a roadmap for their future progression and a stronger professional base, as well as a credible professional network to help them draw the outlines of their career:continued training, international mobility, residencies, crossed institutional projects etc.
THE PROGRAM PILLARS
- Sourcing high potential young African professionals and building a Pan African class with professional opportunities
- Structuring the African ecosystem through skills and sustainable know-how
- Helping to create a generation of African professionals, in Africa.
- Equipping cultural structures with empowered and pro-active agents
- Must not be over 35 years old
- Must be currently active(salaried or independant) in contemporary art and/or visual arts
- Must speak English, at least conversationally enough
There is a total of 20 seats open. We offer 15 bursaries to cover the expenses of the expenses of the Bootcamp (1100$/ 1000 Euros per person + travel and stay expenses) based on the level of the applicant and their financial conditions.
- Koyo Kouoh : Founder of Raw Material Company (Dakar), Director of Zeitz MOCAA (Cape town)
- Touria El Glaoui : Founder of 1-54 African Contemporary Art Fair (New-York- London-Marrakech)
- Alya Sebti : Director of IFA Gallery (Berlin), co-Curator of Manifesta 13 (Marseille)
- Maria Daif : Consultant in cultural engineering (Casablanca)
- Laila Hida : Founder of Le 18 (Marrakech)
- Teesa Bahana: Director of 32° East Ugandan Arts Trust (Kampala)
- Sabrina Kamili: Cultural projects manager, partnership expert (Casablanca)
- Andrea Goulet : Consultant, expert in digitization applied to the arts and culture sector (Paris)
- Fatima Ezzahra Bouayad : Senior manager at McKinsey Company (team leadership expert) (Paris)
- Meriem Berrada : Head of cultural projects Fondation Alliances (Casablanca) Artistic Director MACAAL (Marrakech)
- Claire Solery : Founder of A Million Dots, Co-Founding Director of We Are Museums (Paris)